Water, Sewer & Garbage

There are several ways you can pay your utility bills, these include:
  • In person with cash, cheque, or interac payments at the Hinton Government Centre, located at:
    131 Civic Centre Road
    2nd Floor
    Hinton, AB T7V 2E5
  • Payments can be made at local financial institutions
  • Through online or telephone banking
  • Automatic withdrawal from a bank account, a voided cheque for that account and a pre-Monthly Payment Plan Form are required. The payments will be made on the 15th of each month.
Sewage treatment is provided by Hinton Pulp (a division of West Fraser Mills Limited). There is also a sewer flushing program provided; however, there is no provision for the disposal of chemicals.

The water source for the Town of Hinton is the Athabasca River. The reservoir capacity is:
  • Design capacity - 13,636 cubic metres / 481,555.34 cubic feet
  • Treated substance - 5,228 cubic metres / 184,626.82 cubic feet
Bulk Water Location
The Kelley Road Bulk Station is located at:
204 Kelley Road (map)
Hinton, AB T7V 1H2