Property Taxes

ON APRIL 7, 2020, HINTON TOWN COUNCIL VOTED TO defer payment and penalties for Property Taxes until August 31, 2020 as well as defer payment and penalties for Town utilities for a period of 120 days ending in August 2020. 

Find further information here.

In 2020, Hinton residents will experience the first year of a different, more transparent, assessment and taxation notice process. Council and Town Administration has made the decision to move our community to a split assessment and taxation notice, creating numerous efficiencies and allowing for a more accurate budget estimation and tax rate computation. This move brings the Town of Hinton taxation process in line with many communities across the province, including major cities Edmonton and Calgary as well as similar sized communities like the City of Lacombe. Learn more on the Split Assessments Web Page, available here.

Payment Information

Tax Payment Deadline

Taxes are due on or before June 30 of each calendar year.

Taxation Year

The taxation year is the calendar year, January 1 through December 31.

Payment Options

When paying in person or by mail please include your tax bill remittance

Mail payments to: 

 The Town of Hinton

 131 Civic Centre Road

 2nd Floor Hinton, AB

 T7V 2E5

Bring your payment to the Hinton Government Centre: 

 Debit card, cheque or cash only

 (Monday to Friday 8 am - 4 pm)

 131 Civic Centre Road

 2nd Floor Hinton, AB

 T7V 2E5

Town of Hinton Secure Drop Box
The Town of Hinton has a secure mail box located at the main entrance on the right hand side of the doors. 

Contact Us

  1. Governmentt Centre
    Corporate Services


    131 Civic Centre Road
    2nd Floor
    Hinton, AB T7V 2E5

    Ph: 780-865-6016
    Fx: 780-865-5706


    Monday - Friday
    8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Additional Options

Visit your local financial institute. 

Online/Telephone Banking

Your account number for your Town of Hinton property taxes is your roll number from your Assessment & Tax Notice. If your bank requires more digits than your roll number, you may need to put a 0 or 0’s in front of the first digit of your roll number.


The Town of Hinton is pleased to announce that we are now accepting payments with select credit cards through our OptionPay System. Payments for certain Town services may be paid online or through the Town Administration Office.

Payments may be accepted via Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.

Ready to pay your bill? Please click the logo below.

Pay Now Button Municipalities 2 Bills

Monthly Payment Plan

The Monthly Payment Plan Form  is a program which allows you to pay your property taxes on a monthly basis rather than 1 single annual payment on or before June 30. Your payment automatically comes out of your bank account on the 15th of every month. 

Please submit a Monthly Payment Plan Change Form if changing banking information or cancelling enrollment.

What is the Seniors Municipal (Town of Hinton) Property Tax Rebate Program?
This program was designed to protect low income senior property owners from municipal tax increases. The program eligibility is determined by the income indicated on your previous years’ Notice of Assessment.

Learn More Here.