1. Rescinding Beaver Boardwalk Committee Bylaw No. 1138
On October 5, 2021, Council appointed members to the newly established Beaver Boardwalk Community Oversight Committee (BBOC) and on October 14, 2021, a handover meeting was conducted; fulfilling the Beaver Boardwalk Committee’s final deliverable as outlined in Section 3.0 of the Committee’s Terms of Reference (TOR), and the February 2, 2021, Beaver Boardwalk Recommendations & Deliverables Request for Decision Report.
That Council rescind Beaver Boardwalk Committee Bylaw No. 1138.
2. FortisAlberta Franchise Fee Rider For 2022
At the October 26, 2021, Regular Meeting of Council an Update report was provided and the following motion was carried:
That Council accept the FortisAlberta Franchise Fee Rider for 2022 Update report as information; and that the FortisAlberta Franchise Fee Rider for 2022 report, with public notification feedback, be brought to the November 2, 2021, Regular Council Meeting for decision.
That Council approves a decrease in the FortisAlberta Franchise Fee Rider for 2022 from 12.7% to 11.73% effective January 1, 2022.
3. Sustainable Funding - Hinton Community Grant Program
On April 13, 2021, Administration brought a report before Council that demonstrated a funding deficiency that would impact Administration’s ability to move forward with the spring and fall intakes of the 2021 Community Grant Program.
The Community Grant Program (CGP) is established to fund the following:
- One-time projects and initiatives of community organizations.
- Operating expenses of organizations within three years of their developmental stage.
- Events that are primarily designed and delivered for the general public that promote volunteerism, attract visitors, and that significantly contribute to the local economy.
That Council direct Administration to include $60,000 in the January 14&15, 2022 Draft 2022 Operational Budget for the purpose of the Hinton Community Grant Program to be funded from ATE Revenue and the balance to be funded from taxation.
For: Haas, Maguhn, Michaels, Ostashek, Haas
Against: LaBerge, Taylor