The Town of Hinton’s Annual Clean-up takes place from May 15-20, 2023.
During this week, residents are encouraged to make a special effort to clean up their yards, and the Town will provide pick-up services for large items.
To have your extra garbage and large items collected, first call Infrastructure Services at 780-865-2634 to be placed on a list for your free pick-up, then place your clean-up refuse in front of your property on your regular collection day before 7:00 a.m.
Due to the Environment regulations at the Landfill, we ask that you sort and put your refuse in separate piles. They should be as follows:
- Metal (fridges, stoves, washers, and dryers)
- Trees (must be cut in 4-foot lengths and bundled)
- The Town reserves the right to refuse any items deemed not appropriate.
- The Town will not collect car/truck bodies, soil, gravel, or concrete.
- The Town limits one pick-up load per household.
- The Town will only be around once to pick up extra garbage and large items.
- The Town will not be responsible for claims where refuse is removed from the above, described pick-up locations.
- The Town does not collect waste from the commercial sector.
West Yellowhead Regional Landfill
If you wish to haul your own refuse to West Yellowhead Regional Landfill during this week it is free of charge for residents.
Residential customers may bring furniture, appliances, clean yard waste (small branches and grass), passenger tires, batteries, wood, used oil and filters, E-waste (computers and TVs), paint and metals for free. All material must be sorted and placed as directed into the appropriate bins.
Find more information at www.hinton.ca/landfill.
Try to keep your yard, your street, and your Town free from litter for the rest of the year. Encourage your family to assist in the clean-up and to keep it clean.
Please contact Infrastructure Services at 780-865-2634 for further information and to be placed on the pick-up list.