The Town of Hinton is combining their Annual Spring Clean Up with Environment Week, June 6-10.
Residents are asked to:
1. Make a special effort to clean up your yard during Environmental week and have your waste out and ready to be collected on your collection day.
2. Contact Infrastructure Services at 780-865-2634 to be placed on a list for your free pickup. Please note the town reserves the right to refuse any items deemed not appropriate.
3. All clean-up refuse should be placed at the front of your property on your regular collection day.
4. Due to the Environment regulations at the Landfill, we ask that you sort and put your refuse in separate piles. They should be as follows: a) wood b) metal (fridges, stoves, washers, and dryers) c) furniture d) tires and e) trees (must be cut in 4 foot lengths and bundled).
5. If you wish to haul your own refuse to the landfill during this week it is free of charge for residents.
6. Residents of Hinton and West Yellowhead County can recycle their paint, tires, appliances, and e-waste (computers, tv’s, etc.) at the Landfill year round at no charge.
The Town of Hinton will not be collecting car/truck bodies, soil, gravel or concrete.
The Town will not be responsible for claims where refuse is removed from the above described locations. The Town does not collect waste from the commercial sector.
The Town requests that you place this extra garbage out on your regular collection day by 7:00 am, as crews will only be out once.
All residents are asked to try to keep your yard, your street and Town free from litter for the balance of the year. Encourage your family to assist in the clean up and to maintaining it.
Hinton Recycling Toxic Round-Up dates are May 14th and September 17th, 2016.
Residents can drop off household toxic round-up and e-waste materials year round at the Landfill. The Landfill accepts paint cans, aerosol cans, batteries, propane bottles, fluorescent tubes, varsol, cleaning products, t.v.s, computers, furniture, tires, metals, used oil and filters as well as appliances ie fridges, stoves, washers, dryers. There is no charge for residential customers as long as these products are sorted.
Please contact Infrastructure Services at 780-865-2634 for further information and to be placed on the pickup list.