Relaunch Phases for Hinton
May 1 – 4
- Public gathering restrictions of 5 as per our local State of Emergency has been removed.
- The Provincial limit of than 15 people while social distancing remains in effect.
- Removing all barricades from park parking lots May 1.
- Allow golf course to open without pro shop or club house and subject to social distancing May 4
- Allow disc golf, bike park to open (subject to social distancing) May 1.
May 4 - 14: Phase 1
This phase will allow some businesses and services to reopen and resume operations with two metre physical distancing requirements and other public health guidance in place.
- Post secondary institutions will continue to deliver courses however how programs are delivered whether online in -person or blended will depend on what restrictions remain in place at the time of relaunch.
- Retail businesses such as clothing, furniture, and book stores
- Some personal services such as hairstyling and barber shops
- Museums and art galleries
- More scheduled surgeries and dental procedures
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, optometry, and similar services
- Summer camps with limits on occupancy. This could include summer school.
- Rules and guidance for the use of masks in crowded spaces, especially on transit.
- Daycares with limited occupancy
- Dine-in restaurants ,cafes, lounges and bars to 50per cent capacity
- Nightclubs, Movie Theatres, gyms, pools, recreation centres and arenas will remain closed.
- Public attendance at businesses, facilities and events that have close physical contact will not be permitted, including:
- arts and culture festivals, major sporting events and concerts.
- Re-opening of play structures and skate park
- considered use at own risk
- Removal of State of Local Emergency possible.
- Local business restrictions removed
- Remote working is advised where possible.
- Recommendation to treat all areas as on leash
- Non-essential travel, especially outside the province, will continue to not be recommended.
Progression to Stage 2 will be determined by the success of Stage 1, considering health care system capacity, hospitalization and ICU cases, and infection rates.
Phase 2 (Timing TBD)
Stage 2 will allow additional businesses and services to reopen and resume operations with 2 metre physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
- Potential opening of K-12 schools, with restrictions.
- Libraries, with restrictions.
- More surgeries scheduled, including backlog elimination.
- More personal services like artificial tanning, esthetics, cosmetic skin and body treatments, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facial treatments, massage and reflexology.
- Larger gatherings permitted in some situations (number of people to be determined).
- Restaurants, cafes, lounges and bars continue operating at reduced capacity.
- Movie theatres and theatres, with restrictions.
- Continuing restrictions
- Visits to patients in health care facilities will remain limited.
- Nightclubs, gyms, pools, recreation centres and arenas will remain closed.
- Arts and culture festivals, concerts and major sporting events will not be permitted.
Non-essential travel will continue to not be recommended.
Progression to Stage 3 will be determined based on success of stages 1 and 2.
Phase 3 (Timing TBD)
Stage 3 timing will be determined based on health indicators. Some restrictions and enhanced protection controls will remain in place.
- Fully reopening all businesses and services, with some restrictions.
- Larger gatherings permitted (number of people to be determined).
- Arts and culture festivals, concerts and major sporting events will be permitted with restrictions.
- Nightclubs, gyms, pools, recreation centres and arenas will reopen, with restrictions.
- Industry conferences can resume, with restrictions.
- No restrictions on non-essential travel.
Physical distancing restrictions will be maintained.