The Volunteer Centre provides assistance with volunteer recruitment, screening, orientation, training, evaluation, retention and recognition. Throughout the year, learning workshops are offered to volunteers and those working in the non-profit sector. Check out the Volunteer Centre’s Facebook page!
Programs & Events
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Complimentary income tax preparation service for those who qualify
Volunteer Police Information Checks (PICs)
- Relieves non-profit groups of cost of criminal record checks for their volunteers
Volunteer Screening Workshops
- Learn the 10 steps to screening volunteers
Canadian Anti Spam Legislation
-Ensure compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
Event Velcro Banner Rentals
- $15 per week per banner
Four sizes and colours of lettering, Three sizes of banner
(4’ x 2’, 3’ x 10’, 2’ x 5’)
COVID-19 Funding for Non-Profits
The Alberta Government is providing $30 million to municipalities, charitable and non-profit organizations to provide help to individuals, seniors, families, and other vulnerable Albertans who are isolated or impacted by measures to contain COVID-19. For services to be eligible, they must address the social well-being of those most affected by COVID-19 and the measures implemented to limit the spread of the virus. Those impacted may include seniors, individuals with chronic medical conditions, caregivers, families with children at home, and individuals with limited access to supports. Services should align with one or more of the following funding priorities:
- Help people maintain independence, build resiliency, and strengthen their ability to cope during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Provide supports to help people remain members in the community during the COVID- 19 pandemic;
- Fund civil society organizations to deliver projects for vulnerable Albertans who are in need during the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Coordinate services and programs to address the social well-being of vulnerable Albertans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Review the Application Guidelines and complete the Application Form
- Submit your completed forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 780-865-6073 or email FCSS with any questions.