Hinton has educational opportunities for everyone, from pre-school to senior adult learning courses.
Hinton is served by public and Catholic school boards, both publicly funded, which provide five schools to choose from as well as off-campus learning opportunities. Children can attend from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in either system.
Grande Yellowhead Public School Division schools:
- Crescent Valley Elementary is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 7 school
- École Mountain View School provides comprehensive programming in English and French Immersion from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 7
- Harry Collinge High School provides instruction to 550 students from Grades 8 to 12 in both English and French Immersion classes
Evergreen Catholic School Division schools:
- St. Gregory Catholic School is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 4 school.
- Father Gerard Redmond Community Catholic School provides education for Grade 5 through to Grade 12.
Other learning opportunities include:
Hinton Employment and Learning Place (HELP) offers a range of courses and programs, including GED exam prep, Food Safe and ProServe courses, Community Health & Wellness, and other general interest courses and programs.
Hinton Training Centre (HTC) provides natural resource training for clients in government and industry. Operated by the Alberta government, the Centre develops and delivers professional technical training programs in wildfire management and forest management.
Northern Lakes College provides quality educational programs and services including academic upgrading, apprenticeship programs, and university studies.
Northwestern Polytechnic (NWP), previously known as Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC), offers a wide variety of programs including university studies, options for degree completion, certificate, diploma programs, trades and continuing education programs.