The Hinton Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Town of Hinton through Economic Development are looking at creating a local shopping program to keep spending in the community through a local currency called #HintonFirst Bucks. Now more than ever we need to put our spending focus on supporting our local businesses and keep dollars spent in Hinton.
Who are these dollars for?
The idea behind #HintonFirst Bucks is that they can be purchased and used by anyone. Here are some examples:
- Employers can use these #HintonFirst bucks on their employees for their Service Awards, seasonal bonuses or other awards of recognition.
- Everyday citizens can use these to give as gifts to their friends and family or purchase for themselves to use at a future date to support a local business.
Often, it's difficult to know what to purchase and who to support when it comes to gift buying. This allows you to give the perfect gift - the gift of supporting local.
Why should you participate with us in this program?
This program won't succeed without support from our local businesses to get on board with accepting these #HintonFirst Bucks as payment. The more businesses that we can get on board, the more people will be wanting to buy these dollars to use for themselves and as gifts to support local. Through this program you business can gain more exposure to potential new customers and members and it gives residents a chance to pride themselves on supporting local. All participating businesses and organizations will be marketed as part of the program, and those businesses with a storefront will be provided with a window decal to show customers that you accept #HintonFirst Bucks at your location.
Okay, you've convinced me to participate, what do I do now?
If your business is interested in being a part of the #HintonFirst Bucks program, please reach out to the Chamber by phoning 780.865.2777 or emailing email@example.com.
Once we get your information, we'll set up a visit in person to deliver a package including any materials you need, talk with you about any potential questions or concerns, and show you a sample of what the #HintonFirst Bucks will look like.
- How would I accept these #HintonFirst Bucks?
- How will I be reimbursed for accepting the #HintonFirst Bucks?
- Will my business be listed on a website as a participant in this program?
- What if someone tries to use a $100 #HintonFirst bill to pay for a $5 item?
- What if my business doesn't have a storefront, can I still participate in this program?
- Who is creating these #HintonFirst Bucks?
- Is this a one time event or an ongoing initiative?
- Who do I reach out to if I have any additional questions?