Community Grant Program
The Community Grant Program provides funds for:
- One-time projects and initiatives; or
- Operating expenses of organizations in their development stage once per fiscal year for up to three years (within the first five years); or
- Events that are primarily designed and delivered for the general public that attract visitors, significantly contribute to the local economy and promote volunteerism.
From 1999 to October 2016, the Town of Hinton has provide $1.25 million in funding to local non-profit organizations through either the Quality of Life or Community Grant programs.
Each project or request must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Funding request is at or between $1,000 - $20,000
- Funds support eligible expenditures
- Funding is approved on a matched-grant basis
- Previous monies received from the Town of Hinton have met reporting requirements
Please refer to Page 4 of the Applicant's Guide to ensure your group is eligible to apply.All applicants are required to submit a final project assessment and financial report on the funded program/project upon completion or within 12 months from project approval date. Backup documentation may be requested. Failure to submit may result in a disqualification / rejection for future applications.
There are two intakes per year: April 1st and October 1st
In the event this date falls on a weekend, the deadline will be the following Monday
Applications will be ranked on the following criteria:
- Needs assessment, analysis and planned evaluation with measurable targets and outcomes
- Cost-benefit value
- Degree of financial need of applicant / how much self-help
- Demonstration of thorough project plan
- Number of people impacted and how (includes special considerations)
- Financial stability / demonstrate how matching funds / resources / revenue will be raised
- Credible previous management of project / activity / organization
A streamlined process makes it easy for applicants to receive information and application forms on the Community Grant Program.
- Complete and submit the Funding Application prior to the deadline • Download the Form
- Administration reviews your application for completeness to ensure all required information is correctly entered on the application form and included in the submission.
- All funding requests are presented to the Grant Funding Advisory Committee to review, rank and make recommendations to Council • You have the option to do a 10-minute question and answer with the Committee.
- The Funding Committee will present their recommendations to Council for consideration • Council makes the final grant approval decisions.
- Administration will process approved funding and provide a letter outlining any funding conditions and expectations, as well as final reporting requirements • Projects must be completed within 12 months of the funding approval date.