Permits & Applications
When is a permit required?
If you are planning changes to your property such as constructing or renovating a building or changing the use of a building or land, you will need a permit from the Town of Hinton.
Development Permits deal with a development's impact on surrounding properties. Building Permits deal with the structural stability of building/structures and the health and safety of the building's occupants. Regulations and procedures may seem intimidating so please talk to Town staff as you prepare your plans so we can help. We'll tell you about any other approvals that may affect your plans or costs.
Meeting with us early can help you avoid surprises and help ensure that your project goes as planned.
- Consent Form
- Compliance Certificate
- Specific Use - Development Permit Application
- Residential Development Permit Application
- Residential - New Build Development Permit Application
- Commercial - Development Permit Application
- Industrial - Development Permit Application
- Signage Application
- Home Base Business Application
- Business License Application
- Subdivision Application
- Statutory Plan Amendment Application
- Naming Request - General
- Naming Request - Person
Looking For More Information?
- Requirements for Home Based Personal Services (Alberta Health Services)
- Bed and Breakfast Operations (Municipal Affairs - Alberta)
- Development Permits Quick Facts (PDF)
- Development Permit Flow Chart (PDF)
- Bylaw Amendment Flow Chart (PDF)
- Subdivision Application Flow Chart (PDF)